Well...it has been a great five years that Pastor Shaun and Jodi Matako have spent with us in Worland, Wyoming at First Baptist. We will truly miss Shaun and Jodi as they depart from Worland, and return to Ohio.
I am very fortunate and thankful that I have had the privilege to work side-by-side with Shaun and Jodi in ministry, and that my wife, Sandra, has had the opportunity to work with Jodi in children's ministry. We were and still are truly blessed by them. We love you, and thank you for all that you did in our church, our community, and our lives, all in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I know that we are deeply saddened by the fact that Shaun and Jodi had to leave Worland, but I know that the Lord has new things in store for them. They are leaving Worland in tremendous standing. I venture to imagine that the Lord is already saying, "Well done faithful servants," about Shaun and Jodi's work in Worland.
Shaun, we love you like a brother, and Jodi like a sister. Please keep in touch. We would love to see you again in the future. I do know this...we will see you Heaven!
Okay Shaun.....and Jodi you are a part of this too! Thanks for the following and then some:
1) Your faithfulness to Christ.
2) Teaching and mentoring me about Christ.
3) Your support of Worship Ministries.
4) All that you did to help us to grow in God's Word.
5) Your support of all ministries.
6) Your support of the Worland community and it's families.
7) Your involvement with youth sports of all ages.
8) Football! Football! Football!
9) A better appreciation of Ohio State Buckeyes.
11) The Warriors!
13) The chain gang!
14) Football games in person or at your house!
15) Great Football FOOD while following the game!
16) Fantasy Football!....well, "I" have good memories anyway;-)
17) Laughing so hard (especially about inside jokes-i.e. "shrapnel") that I thought my head and gut were going to explode.
18) Seeing you laugh so hard you turn purple!
19) Making fun of my VW Bug, Rusty.
20) Offering me a can opener.
21) The birthday EXPLOSION!
22)............The list could go on and on!
Thank you, my brother and friend. Thank you, my sister Jodi. We love you guys. You will always have a special place in our hearts. Until we meet again. So long. My God richly bless you. You will be in our prayers.
From my family to yours,
Jeff, Sandra, Caleb, Jacob, and Joshua Garza