Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing [Him], being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light."
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Thank you so much for coming out to the Washakie County Fair and supporting the young people in our community, including my sons and the other kids from 1st Baptist Church. It was great to see everyone out and enjoying themselves.
It was especially great to see the involvement and support by those that are apart of 1st Baptist Church. Several of our 1st Baptist Church kids placed and won awards in many different categories in livestock, arts and crafts, woodworking, photography, baking, etc. Great job kids and thank you leaders for lending your helping hands in this effort each and every year. God bless all of you! See you in church!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
"The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing."
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"
Monday, May 25, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
What a successful year for Student Ministries at First "B". My hat's off to Jess Rollema for his leadership for our kids, not only at our church, but in our schools and community. I had the privilege to work with Jess and the SM staff another year, leading worship with our kids. We finished up our last "on-campus" session together this week. Next week we are heading to the park for worship and fun together before the summer break begins. Wow! The 2008-2009 school year is about over!
Keep praying for Jess and the leadership of our youth. Our youth program is really growing and shaping into a vital ministry in our town. Our youth need the Lord. The great thing that I'm seeing is that our kids are starting to reach out more to their peers and getting more involved with missions projects to show the love of Christ. I'm praying that more lives will be changed to follow Jesus.
If you are searching for a place to be used by God, and you feel that God is calling you to witness to our youth, contact our Pastor of Youth Ministries, Jess Rollema. Remember...we can't just say that the youth is the church of the future.....they are the church TODAY!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday we were blessed by Sunday services and being a part of the worship. For the afternoon, local teens, including my son Caleb Garza, and I met to lead worship for the graduating senior's baccalaureate service at Worland Middle School. The teens were led were Kelci Schaal, Rachel LeBoeuf, Samatha Compton, Nic Craft, and of course Caleb. They did a wonderful job leading the worship for the service. The worship was well received and I believe the Lord's Name was lifted up!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
* What a mighty God we serve! I am so thankful for His strength from day to day!
* I thank God that I am finally pulling out of the stomach flu and getting my strength back.
* I can't believe how weak I felt Sunday morning being propped up with the stool.
* Thank you for all of your prayers. I have felt them as I am recovering!
* It's so good to be back to work, working with the boys at the Wyoming Boys' School.
* I've gotta get ready for the youth worship for Wednesday and this Sunday morning. Looking forward to working with our young people. We really want to celebrate our Lord with you!
* My wife, Sandra, bless her heart, is such a hard worker. I am so proud of what she is doing in our church nursery, working with Worland's youth swimming program at school, leading middle school girls youth, keeping up with our little farm chores, raising kids,......and the toughest thing of all...putting up with me!
* I'm looking forward to following my boys' running, hurtling, and throwing in this year's track season! Go Warriors! Go Braves!
* Baseball season is just around the corner! Little League.....Babe Ruth.....and Lord, please! Please let there be enough kids to play Legion Baseball this year. Lord...please don't let Legion Baseball die in Worland. Is this okay to add to my prayers?
* Lord...will this be the year for the Chicago Cubs???????
* Our puppy, Jella "Bella" Bean, is so much fun! What a character running all over the place with those short little Corgi legs and no tail!
* I've got to say.....thanks again to the folks who are a part of our Worship Team at First Baptist! You guys are awesome! Thanks for all of your help and understanding with me being sick and all last week. You pulled through greatly for last Sunday worship and worship at the boys' school. God bless you guys!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer."