Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's Rejoice In the Lord in this New Year!



"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" -Philippians 4:4 (NIV)


Wow! It has been a long time since I have entered my last blog post! Time really has flown by! Anyway...as I have been watching the news in our world, I know it can easily depress a lot of people. I'm not saying that keeping up to date with current events is a bad thing, it's just, we as Christians need to remember that nothing compares to the promises that we have in Jesus Christ, the Good News!


We read, watch, and listen to stories like our failing economy, death, destruction, starvation, greed, etc., but the Bible tells us that no matter what we may be going through, we are to look to the Lord Jesus Christ and rejoice! When we look around us in this world, as Christians, we need to remember that everything is temporary. Just like a lot of bumper stickers that I have seen, NOTW, we are "Not Of This World".


In the book of Philippians, Paul wrote to encourage the Philippians to rejoice even though they were facing hardships. They faced hardships, and so do we. Thank the Lord that living in this fallen world is as mentioned above, temporary. You see, we have a hope in our salvation, in the Good News that God is faithful and that He never changes!


My prayer is this....that as we live and grow further into 2012, that we may be filled by his joy that will strengthen our hearts! Let's strive by the Holy Spirit to rejoice in the Lord always! I guess I will say it again....REJOICE!

No comments: