Monday, March 12, 2012

I Want to Praise You In the Morning!



Psalm 5:3 "My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct [it] to You, And I will look up."


Did I wake up this morning and thank the Lord for a new day? Or, did I complain that the alarm clock woke me up leaving me feeling extra tired especially after getting use to Daylight Saving Time all this week? Well...I guarantee, it was the latter of the two questions. I did complain about having to get up so early, especially fighting a nice head cold. Yes, eventually I did get my morning routine going....shower, shave, dressing,...etc... yes, even doing my morning devotions.


It was later in the day, that I came across this verse, written by the Psalmist, David. It made it clear to me that instead of complaining and forcing myself to get out of bed, that I should be a lot more thankful. The Lord has given me another day! I need to make sure that I look up to Him each day and start my day off right in worship!


Lord, please strengthen me each morning to start my day off right with You. Help me to recognize you each and every morning when I rise. Each day I thank you for life. I praise you, Lord. In Jesus' Name amen.

No comments: