Monday, August 4, 2008

Biker Sunday!


Wow! Praise the Lord! What a turn out for our annual "Biker Sunday" at 1st Baptist!


It all started with a brunch down in the social hall with the bikers and families. Pam, Dottie, and the ladies did a wonderful job setting up and serving us all! Donuts, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, bagels......OH MY! We had some good fellowship and a great turnout. There was a silent auction on different items that included a Harley Davidson telephone.


We then went into the sanctuary and worshipped together! What a numerous crowd! We were able to crank the worship up and give the Lord a high energy worship set. After the worship, Pastor Shaun presented the Gospel. God really used him yesterday! One of the bikers was saved giving his heart to the Lord Jesus Christ.


After all the excitement of the morning and wrapping up fair week, we went home. My family and I all crashed with naps. I can't believe that with all of the adrenaline of the morning....it completely wiped me out! I took a two hour nap! That NEVER happens! But.......I needed it!


Believe it or not...Pastor Shaun called me later yesterday afternoon asking to watch football. What an end to a great day! FOOTBALL!

No comments: