Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1st Baptist Church Picnic!


Hey everyone! This last Sunday was great! First of all we worshiped the Lord loudly with our voices in the morning, listened to some great teaching by Pastor Shaun Matako.....and then it was time to run over to Sander's Park for the annual church picnic. Here is a list of things that my family really enjoyed:


* The deacons did a great job cooking up some burgers and hot dogs. I wish I could have had a whole lot more.

* Pam Hart and her team did a great job organizing the picnic.

* The carry'in side dishes, desserts, pop, etc. were awesome! I'm still full!

* Of course...visiting friends from our church was a highlight. I hope even more people will come next year.

* Jacob, Joshua, and I really enjoyed getting into the games that Jodi Matako planned. There was the water balloon toss (I got to splash Joshua and then he got me back in front of everybody in the seat of my pants!); we had spoon and egg races; we had a candy parachute (We shook the parachute too hard to pop candy out of it......we accidentally ripped the parachute, so we threw the candy everywhere for the kids to get!).

* At this time I had to get Sandra home because her ankle was aching bad from the sprain she had gotten that morning from stepping of a curb. I took her home and had to head back for the kids. Don't worry.....Sandra went to the doctor yesterday, and she is doing a lot better!


By the time the event was over, we were beat. It was then time to go home and take a nap. I can't wait for next year! I hope the weather will be perfect for it again. Thank you Lord for a wonderful time with my family and church family!

No comments: