Monday, February 1, 2010

Wow! Our Children Can Worship!


I was so blessed and almost in tears, beaming with joy as our youth praise band led the 1st Baptist congregation yesterday in worship. Their voices blended so well, especially with the large group that we had! The instrumentalists did a great job as well, keeping the chords and the rhythm going in sync. Over all, the Name of the Lord was lifted up and greatly praised. I am so pleased with the youth wanting to praise and with the fact that they are learning what worship is all about!

A special thank you to Ben McMillan for playing drums on the new song that my son, Caleb Garza, wrote and introduced as the special music. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't proud of my son. I am very proud and thankful that he and my son, Jacob Garza, are both pursuing their gifts in music and giving it back to the Lord. It is my desire that our youth continue to use their gifts for the Lord, whether it be music, acting, writing, etc. and to really strive to discover their spiritual gifts as well.

Please continue to pray for our youth, that they may gain greater knowledge of our Lord God. Please continue to pray for our Pastor in Student Ministries, Jess Rollema and his wife Heather, as they continue to minister and enrich our young people and enhance what we should be teaching our children from the Bible. Please pray that the Lord will continue to guide me as I teach our kids about worship too. Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

No comments: