Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh God be my strength and my shield!



1John 4:4 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.


One time I was walking along a street in Belfast, Northern Ireland, carrying shopping bags full of new clothes that I had just purchased for the road. I was already about two months into a short term missions trip with the Continental Singers, and the clothes that I needed for the tour were worn out after being washed over and over again.


As I was walking along with my bags, I got too close to a British Army armed vehicle.....and I will never forget. I heard the words, "Move along!" in a thick British accent and guns were pointed at me. I realized then that I may have looked suspicious with my shopping bags because of the uprisings that were still happening during that time in the 1980's in Ireland. Whew!!!!!


I think of that armored vehicle and the armor that those soldiers had on. They were pretty well protected, but were still on alert to the dangers that were around them in that very political time. Much like those soldiers on alert, I realize that I (we) need to be on alert and on guard against the devil's schemes and prowl! I am so thankful that I have the Lord as my protection. However, I'm still a sinner! Satan likes to throw his lies at us even when we're God's children.


Thank you Lord that we as Christians are of You! You guide us and overcome the evil one! Thank you that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. When Satan and his demons come against us, You are our Comforter and our Shield. I thank you that you have given us armor and protection!


Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."


You give us the strength that we can say, "MOVE ALONG!" to the devil in the power of Your Spirit.


No comments: