Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wings as Eagles!


Isaiah 40: 31 "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew [their] strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."


What incredible words to read when you are feeling down......sometimes feeling down for the count. Recently I was feeling miserable in my walk with the Lord....just plain old exhausted. I felt downright attacked! Those of you who know what I mean have experienced it to the point that you just want to throw in the towel. By the grace of God...... and speaking with God, it is truly amazing how he answers with words like these from Isaiah 40:31.


When I think about the eagle.....cutting through the strong winds of Wyoming, and floating gracefully on gusts, what a perfect simile that scripture paints a picture with. The Lord lifts us up like the eagle! I am so glad that the Lord is TOTAL strength!


Thank you Lord for your renewal even when I have to be renewed daily! Lord forgive me when I blow it and forget that you put the wind under my wings. Lord God...help me to wait on you.


Amen

No comments: