Monday, January 11, 2010

Growing Ministries at 1st Baptist!


John 15:5 ""I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. "

I am reminded of this verse when I see the great things that are happening, and are about to happen, in the name of the Lord at 1st Baptist Church. After having a leadership meeting yesterday afternoon, it is wonderful to see how many ministries are being sustained by God and the new ones getting ready to kick off! My prayer is that we would truly remain in the Lord...because quite frankly...we can't do a thing without the Him.

Why do we go to church? To worship our God! To have fellowship in Him! For discipleship! It's all about God! I am excited to see what the Lord will do in 2010! My prayer is that the Lord will continue to bless the worship ministry that I am involved with in church and in the community. I also pray that the Lord will bless all of the other ministries at 1st "B"...from the nursery, to the seniors...from the hospitality, to student ministries and all those in between. I pray that we will all be able to bear much fruit remaining in Him as branches to a very strong and living vine, our God!

No comments: